Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Orange & Purple

Orange and purple? In your home? What? 
There are colour combinations that are easy to work with. The orange and purple combo is not one of them. 
So I thought this unusual combination (a combination not exactly easy on the eye) deserves an extravagant setting. I made sure that purple is the main colour, its slightly toned down shade forming striking contrast with the vibrant orange on accent furniture. I also added black - shiny black on a slim chair. I felt that furhter contrast is needed, so to counterbalance the glam, a cowhide rug and a wooden table found its way to the moodboard. 
I agree that it is not everyone's cup of tea, but I just can not think of a better styling for such a dominant colour combination. 
Interior Moodboard

No comments:

Post a Comment