Friday, July 22, 2016

Beachside Café

I drew the inspiration for this mood board partly from this menu I found on the Internet, and partly from this wonderfully designed delicate inscription on the wall. I thought they complement each other, and in front of my eyes I could already see a small café on the sandy beach...
Interior Mood Board
If the café is situated on the beach, I reckoned that blue sky and the sand itself provides a colourful backdrop for interior, so there is no need for further colours. I imagined huge glass windows, whitewashed porch, red and white striped umbrellas and white furniture. Maybe you can add some very light brown, or ash grey if you think white is too sterile, but with red accents the whole setting is very delightful. You could say it has a bit of retro touch, but I belive it is rather timeless. Somehow people tend to remember back their childhood with nostalgia, and it was my goal with this moodboard - to create an athmosphere that brings you back to old times, long gone summers, when you were a child, and spent the days on the beach making sand castles, playing with your siblings, learning to swim, and the highlight of the day was the ice cream time before your parents brought you back home...  

4 comments:

  1. I love café theme! :D I would love to see what design ideas you could add to an Italian Café moodboard... Does it sound like a request for one? Yes, it does... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hint taken, I will upload an Italian Café mood board soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erre mondják azt, hogy lovely! :) A szó lehető legjobb értelmében.

    ReplyDelete